Calling with Turbo Phonebank
Hopefully, you'll find Turbo Phonebank straightfoward (and a pleasure) to use!
- Use headphones so you can use the interactive call script while on the phone. Also, while each call is dialing, switch back to your browser app to use the script.
- Some script buttons may be setup to send a text message to the contact. Pressing these buttons on your phone will open your messaging app with a pre-filled text. Make sure to click send in your messaging app to send the message!
- If someone doesn't pick up after ~15 seconds, it's probably best to hang up and move on to the next call.
Thank you for the work you're doing! It's so important.
Calling with Google Voice
To call from a Google Voice number (instead of your personal phone number):
- Sign up for a free Google Voice number (if you do not have one already)
- Go to your user settings page
- Enable the option to Call with Google Voice
Clicking to call a contact will now open Google Voice with the contact's phone number already filled in.
If a phonebank includes text messaging, clicking a button to send a text will instead copy the text message body to the clipboard. You can paste the message into Google Voice to send it.
Editing Call Results
You can edit call results in case a contact does not pick up initially but then calls or texts you back.
To overwrite the results for a call:
- Go to your dashboard
- Type the contact's name or phone number into the search box underneath the heading Edit Call Results
- Click the Edit Call Results button next to the contact's details to delete the previous results and go back to the interactive script